Sunday, September 10, 2017

Wind and Money

I really shouldn't publish these pages until I know I'm really really done with them. That however might be late at night (or not). The point of all this is that fairly frequently I add bits on, sometimes after I note that I've had several "views". Interested parties might want to look again.

Hurricane Irma is descending on our homes in Bradenton as I type.


It is predicted to make landfall somewhere between Longboat Key and St. Petersburg, putting us on the bullseye. The storm surge at the coast is predicted to be between 6 and 10 feet. What it will be up the Manatee River where Nancy's house is 12 feet above the waterline is unknown.


The point of all this is that we didn't do much today besides look at weather reports. As if in sympathy we had intense storms here as well.

And additionally I had run entirely out of cash. There was a Bancomat (ATM) just down the street but for reasons (then) unknown my card was rejected. When I got back to the apartment to ask Visa where there might be a Bancomat that would work the WiFi was down. When that came back up again I was directed a few blocks away where I circled for quite a while looking for a bank.  Turns out that it was in a kiosk right in front of me.  And the original Bancomat would have been fine; I just tried to withdraw too much money.  And there's another Bancomat just the other side of the piazza that I saw walking back from the one I finally used.

At around 2am our time the eye of the hurricane will hit Bradenton.  I hope all our friends are okay. Michael and Sandy who were house sitting for Nancy are now at my place; Flood Zone E vice A for Nancy.

I am very seriously considering moving to Rome or at least Italy. Nancy is not. We've got to get this sorted out. Irma may help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments and suggestions are always welcome.